Volunteer with us
This is a community-building experience, and being part of making this happen is a great treat. Besides the joy of producing this art fest, you'll get a terrific gourmet breakfast on the morning of the event and a chance to attend a party with artists after the event.
Art in the Hollow loves our volunteers. Picture yourself here: by the fire on a balcony overlooking the Hollow to Downtown St. Paul enjoying the El Salvadoran buffet from La Palma and sipping on Flat Earth beer served by none other than the legendary John Warner himself (for those of legal drinking age). Not to mention- the company of artists, performers, sculptors and activists.
- Putting up sandwich boards. The Thursday before the art fair at any time. Ten lovely posters on hinged plywood need to be erected (staked through their spines) at strategic intersections. Car required. Must be trustworthy with a sledge hammer.
- Josette’s Café Staff. Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Help set up and serve coffee, organic fruit, juice and caramel rolls from Swede Hollow Café. You get fed, too, natch. Berets optional.
- Morning Artists Set Up. Wheeling dollies and carts while walking into and out of the magical Drewry Tunnel.
- Morning Tent Set Up. Eleven tents at different sites need to be put up with their tables.
- Evening Teardown. See morning set up. Rewind.
- Greeters. Four pairs needed- one pair at each of the park's entrances. Sit in the shade of a comfy tent, dole out programs and answer questions that are already answered on the programs. Check off and categorize each body that passes through (walker, biker, wheelchair, etc.) Two separate jobs for two people who can take turns wandering when it’s slow. 9:30 a.. to 5 p.m. Ideally, there will be 8 pairs to take four-hour shifts (9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)